The woodwind program at Pacific gives you the chance to succeed in a wide range of careers.
These careers include orchestral, performing and teaching careers among others. You receive many musical opportunities including interacting with The Pacific Arts Woodwind Quintet. The group performs often, giving you an opportunity to observe faculty on a regular basis.
Significant characteristics of woodwind study at Pacific:
- One-on-one time with faculty in weekly lessons
- Two lessons a week during junior and senior years
- Lessons from your primary professor
- Weekly opportunities to perform that include studio classes, Chamber Music Program, the Orchestral Repertoire and Audition Preparation Seminar and Conservatory Concert Hour
Each woodwind studio also offers instruction on various auxiliary instruments, skills and techniques such as:
- Flute Studio - piccolo and other auxiliary flutes, flute choir
- Clarinet Studio - bass and Eb clarinets
- Saxophone Studio - all saxophones and saxophone quartets
- Oboe Studio - reed making and English horn
- Bassoon Studio - reed making and contrabassoon
Ensemble participation plays an integral part of the woodwind program. All wind students audition for placement each year in the Pacific Symphony Orchestra, Symphonic Wind Ensemble, and Concert Band. in the woodwind program, you benefit from rotating sections and leadership experience.
Chamber Music Program - URL: https://www.pacific.edu/academics/schools-and-colleges/conservatory-of-…
Pacific Symphony Orchestra, Symphonic Wind Ensemble and Concert Band - URL: https://www.pacific.edu/academics/schools-and-colleges/conservatory-of-…
Bachelor of Music in Music Performance, Woodwinds, 4-year grid - URL: https://www.pacific.edu/documents/school-conservatory/acrobat/MPER%20wo…